You are attempting to configure Windows Server 2012 Performance Monitor to collect data in order to analyze CPU and memory load performance of a SharePoint 2013 web front end. In Performance Monitor, you select the default Server Manager Performance data collector set, and then click the Start button. You then experience the error message:
- Launch Task Scheduler using an account having local Administrator permissions.
- In the left task pane, expand the tree like so: Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > PLA.
- Select the PLA group. Note that the status of the Server Manager Performance Monitor is Disabled.
- In the right Results pane, right-click Server Manager Performance Monitor. A menu appears
- Click Enable. Note that now the status of the Server Manager Performance Monitor item is Ready: